An abundance of Praise and Prayers May 2016 from Rev. Alex Peter
The Fellowship department has been very busy and there is much to be thankful for:
- The Fellowship Department conducted an Examination Preparatory Prayer session (EPP) for the Dental Students
- They conducted a retreat for Nursing Final Year Students
- Ms. Lipoklemala Pongener joined as the Assistant Chaplain to the Department. She has done her Masters in Pastoral Counselling.
- Retired Chaplain Rev. J. N. Noel celebrated his 90th birthday. A thanksgiving service was held on 3rd April 2016
- Final approval given to increase the number of places to 75 seats each year in the undergraduate course of the Medical College. This process of inspections went on for 6 years and at last approval was granted by the Medical Council of India. The Thanksgiving service for this was conducted on 9th April 2016
- On 17th April 2016 a dedication service was held for the newly elected Student’s Council.
- The Bone Marrow Transplant unit did its 100th Transplant on 28th April 2016. A big achievement for CMC. A Thanksgiving service is planned on 3rd May 2016.
Prayer Requests for May 2016:
- The Admission process 2016 for undergraduate courses has started. Pray for Dr. George Koshy (Registrar), Dr. Sangitha Mohan (Deputy Registrar) and the whole staff of the Registration Office as they come under pressure. Pray that all the processes will be carried out judiciously and the most suitable students will be selected.
- A Family Retreat for RHOP (Rural Health Outreach Programme) Department is planned on May 8th 2016. Pray this will be a day when the families will come together and reflect on the work, and plan for future programmes.
- Nurses’ Week will be celebrated from 6th May – 12th May. On May 8th 2016, nurses will lead a special chapel service in CMC College Chapel. It will be an opportunity to pray for CMC nurses in India and around the world.
4 .May 16th is Friends of Ludhiana’s AGM. Pray this will be well attended and open up opportunities to introduce Dr. Brown’s Hospital to new supporters, especially young people.