1. New Admissions for the batch of 2022 are going on in all the five colleges. For the prospective medical students this means they have already qualified via the government’s NEET examinations. Seventy-five percent of seats in college are reserved for Christian students. As a Christian Institution CMC is recognised as a minority institution by the government. The students are studying in a minority institution; they are known as Christian Minority students.
The whole of India is divided into 6 regions and seats reserved for the Christian students are equally divided among these regions. This results in colleges having Christian students from all over India, and also from different Christian communities.
Pray those making the selections will choose the best suited candidates.
2. Pray for the Christian Minority Students as they are being trained to be Medical Missionaries. To gain admission in the institution as Christian Minority students they have to be sponsored by one of the 29 sponsoring bodies of the Institution. The representatives of these 29 bodies form the CMC Ludhiana Society. These sponsoring bodies include different churches and also some Christian Health organizations. The students who are sponsored will serve in one of the mission hospitals of the sponsoring body for a minimum period of two years, so the challenge is to prepare them for service in their Mission Hospitals. We may pray that many will choose to continue to work for the mission hospitals when their bond is finished.
3. Pray for the Hospital that it will receive all the resources needed. As the hospital continues to increase its capacity it needs more and more resources from infrastructure to generators and other medical equipment. Pray for Dr Bhatti as he applies for the grants and funds to pay for these resources
Pray for all the benefactors locally who sustain the hospital with donations.
4. Pray for the Outreach centres of CMC serving in the rural areas of Ludhiana. These are:
- Lalton Kalan with a Primary Health Centre
- Malerkotla with facilities for Out-patients
- Hambran with facilities for In-patients and Out-patients
- Jamalpur with facilities for Out-patients
There is also an Urban Centre in Field Ganj, in Ludhiana City.
Pray for the Community Health Department and the RHOP who manage these services.
5. Pray for the Fellowship Department who provide pastoral care to students, patients and relatives. The photographs show the retreats conducted by the Fellowship Department for the 2021 batch of the different colleges.